The class 01.10 was an express locomotive that was a further development of the class 01. This was necessary because the existing express locomotives were only approved for a maximum of 120-130 km/h. The machines were built as three-cylinder engines, which increased their acceleration as well as their smoothness. They were streamlined to reduce aerodynamic drag.
Our locomotive was delivered in 1940 and came to the British zone after the war. In 1949 the streamline fairing was removed and in 1954 the locomotive got a new, modern boiler. In 1971 the locomotive was taken out of service as 011 056-9 and then stood as a monument in Rheine for a few years before joining the museum in 1988 as 01 1056. It is on permanent loan from the DB Museum.
YEAR OF CONSTRUCTION
WITHDRAWAL FROM SERVICE
For better reading, the masculine form is used for personal names and personal nouns on this website. Corresponding terms apply in principle to all genders for the purpose of equal treatment. The abbreviated form of language is for editorial reasons only and does not imply any valuation.
Sie erhalten in Kürze eine E-Mail an die von Ihnen angegebene E-Mail-Adresse. Bitte bestätigen Sie Ihre Newsletteranmeldung über den darin enthaltenen Link.