The standard railcars were developed in the 1930s by the Deutsche Reichsbahn for passenger transport on branch lines. The use of these railcars in larger numbers was prevented by the Second World War and the reorientation to four-axle railcars.
Our railcar was put into service by the Reichsbahn as 135 071 in 1937. In 1948 the railcar was taken over by the DB as VT70 921 and was taken out of service in 1960. Afterwards it came to the lokal railway Lam-Kötzting (VT03), in 1973 to the Regental railway (VT08 and from 1977 VT18). In 1978 it was also taken out of service there and was sold to the Eisenbahnkurier in 1986, from where it came to our museum in 1989.
YEAR OF CONSTRUCTION
WITHDRAWAL FROM SERVICE
For better reading, the masculine form is used for personal names and personal nouns on this website. Corresponding terms apply in principle to all genders for the purpose of equal treatment. The abbreviated form of language is for editorial reasons only and does not imply any valuation.
Sie erhalten in Kürze eine E-Mail an die von Ihnen angegebene E-Mail-Adresse. Bitte bestätigen Sie Ihre Newsletteranmeldung über den darin enthaltenen Link.