The class E94 was procured by the Deutsche Reichsbahn for electrified medium mountain lines in southern Germany. The first locomotive was delivered by AEG in 1940. By the end of the war, 145 locomotives of this series had been built. Due to the lack of locomotives, the DB ordered 43 more locomotives after the war. Their characteristic design gave them the nickname “German Crocodile”.
Our locomotive was delivered in 1941 and designated E94 051. Until the end of the war it was stationed in Pressig-Rothenkirchen in Upper Franconia. After the war it changed its location several times and was based in Ingolstadt until it was withdrawn from service in 1987. Since 1987, the locomotive has been owned by the city of Singen. Since then, it has been leased to several private railways. Since mid-2021, the locomotive has been on loan to our collection as a rolling exhibit.
YEAR OF CONSTRUCTION
WITHDRAWAL FROM SERVICE
For better reading, the masculine form is used for personal names and personal nouns on this website. Corresponding terms apply in principle to all genders for the purpose of equal treatment. The abbreviated form of language is for editorial reasons only and does not imply any valuation.
Sie erhalten in Kürze eine E-Mail an die von Ihnen angegebene E-Mail-Adresse. Bitte bestätigen Sie Ihre Newsletteranmeldung über den darin enthaltenen Link.