After the First World War, many small railways had to modernise their rolling stock. In order to reduce the costs for the renovation, the decision was made to develop standardised locomotive types by an overall committee, the “Engeren Lokomotiv-Normen-Ausschuss (ELNA)”. As a result, the ELNA developed six locomotive types, which were built between 1922 and 1946, and one type was even included in the programme of the so-called austerity war steam locomotive (KDL4). The ELNA 6, one of which we have in our home, is one of the heaviest locomotives in the ELNA range and is suitable for mainline and heavy switching service.
Our locomotive was assembled at Henschel after the war from still existing individual parts and then came to the Farge-Vegesacker Railway as No. 203. In 1956 it was renamed No. 184. In 1966 it was loaned to the Bremen-Thedinghausen railway and in 1967 to the Rinteln-Stadthagen railway. In 1972, the machine was taken out of service and sold by the Deutsche-Eisenbahn-Gesellschaft (DEG) to the Railway Museum and has been in our museum ever since.
YEAR OF CONSTRUCTION
WITHDRAWAL FROM SERVICE
For better reading, the masculine form is used for personal names and personal nouns on this website. Corresponding terms apply in principle to all genders for the purpose of equal treatment. The abbreviated form of language is for editorial reasons only and does not imply any valuation.
Sie erhalten in Kürze eine E-Mail an die von Ihnen angegebene E-Mail-Adresse. Bitte bestätigen Sie Ihre Newsletteranmeldung über den darin enthaltenen Link.