Model railway days “between the years” at the railway museum
On 28 and 29 December 2023, the Darmstadt-Kranichstein Railway Museum will once again be holding its traditional Christmas Model Railway Days from 10 am to 5 pm. The focus will be on the exhibition and demonstration layouts as well as the museum’s numerous other models and showpieces. There will also be a small model railway exchange organised by our model building group. The extensive uniform exhibition is also open. Our cafeteria invites you to a cosy get-together in a historical atmosphere.
The event will take place in the heated museum building. Admission is free, a donation is gladly accepted. Due to the winter break in our engine shed, it is not possible to view the original vehicles. The volunteers of the railway world are looking forward to your visit!
- Model railway of Darmstadt main station from 1846
- Training signal box with locomotive simulator
- “Turning steam into electricity” and model railway exchange by A. Mampel
- Märklin digital layout by G. Bender
- Model railway exchange of the MoBaTrain
- Permanent exhibitions open in the museum building: Superstructure, ticket and uniform exhibition, historical Märklin Ferris wheel and more
- Museum cafeteria
- Sale of books and souvenirs