The VL12 is a runnerless, three-axle locomotive built by the MaK company under the designation 240 C in the 1950s and 1960s for private and industrial railways. The locomotive was already built by Mak from 1954/55 together with its two-axle sister (240 B).
Our locomotive was delivered in 1958 as VL 12 to the Gelnhäuser Kreisbahnen in Wächtersbach and was later transferred to the Kreiswerke Gelnhausen GmbH, Verkehrsbetrieb Bad Orb and the Bad Orber Kleinbahn. There it shuttled with the B4fyl push-pull train car from Wächtersbach to Bad Orb. In 1997, the train came to our museum.
YEAR OF CONSTRUCTION
WITHDRAWAL FROM SERVICE
For better reading, the masculine form is used for personal names and personal nouns on this website. Corresponding terms apply in principle to all genders for the purpose of equal treatment. The abbreviated form of language is for editorial reasons only and does not imply any valuation.
Sie erhalten in Kürze eine E-Mail an die von Ihnen angegebene E-Mail-Adresse. Bitte bestätigen Sie Ihre Newsletteranmeldung über den darin enthaltenen Link.