Diesel locomotives were of interest to the Wehrmacht at a very early stage, as they did not indicate their locations by plumes of smoke. Accordingly, the WR 360 C 14 locomotives were created in the late 1930s as switching locomotives for the army. The war locomotives were used throughout Europe and also in North Africa during the Second World War. The original series was repeatedly further developed, especially with regard to the engine and power transmission. After the war, both the Bundesbahn and the Reichsbahn re-designated diesel locomotives of this type as the V 36 series. More machines were procured from the Bundesbahn in 1950. But it was also used in many European countries, e.g. in Austria by ÖBB as type 2065, in Italy by FS as D 236, in Czechoslovakia by ČSD as T 334.0 and in France by SNCF as Y 50100.
During World War 2, the locomotive was used under the number 36272 in the army ammunition depot Feucht, Nuremberg and came to the later DB after the war. In 1947 it was renamed V36 102, then in 1968 236 102-0. After being taken out of service in 1980, it was used as a works locomotive at the Schwenk cement and stone works in Karlstadt. In 1992 it was taken out of service and came to the Verein zur Erhaltung und Förderung des Schienenverkehres, Bocholt. It has been part of our museum since 1998.
YEAR OF CONSTRUCTION
WITHDRAWAL FROM SERVICE
For better reading, the masculine form is used for personal names and personal nouns on this website. Corresponding terms apply in principle to all genders for the purpose of equal treatment. The abbreviated form of language is for editorial reasons only and does not imply any valuation.
Sie erhalten in Kürze eine E-Mail an die von Ihnen angegebene E-Mail-Adresse. Bitte bestätigen Sie Ihre Newsletteranmeldung über den darin enthaltenen Link.