The MCi-43 passenger coach was a crew coach/auxiliary passenger coach procured by the Deutsche Reichsbahn from 1943 onwards to compensate for the loss of passenger train coaches due to the war. The letter “M” in MCi stands for Behelfspersonenwagen. The wagons were delivered with stove heating, later they were equipped with steam heating and electric lighting, which was fed by a driven generator suspended under the wagon floor. Although many of them were later converted back to freight wagons, a lot of these converted wagons were still used in passenger transport long after the end of the war: by the DB until the 1960s and by the DR until the 1970s. From 1950 onwards, the DB had a total of four-axle luggage and express freight wagons made from two makeshift passenger wagons each, which were still in use until the 1980s.
YEAR OF CONSTRUCTION
WITHDRAWAL FROM SERVICE
For better reading, the masculine form is used for personal names and personal nouns on this website. Corresponding terms apply in principle to all genders for the purpose of equal treatment. The abbreviated form of language is for editorial reasons only and does not imply any valuation.
Sie erhalten in Kürze eine E-Mail an die von Ihnen angegebene E-Mail-Adresse. Bitte bestätigen Sie Ihre Newsletteranmeldung über den darin enthaltenen Link.