The Bavarian group administration carried out a large electrification programme around Munich in the 1920s. Since they also wanted to replace the uneconomical switching operation with steam locomotives with electric locomotives, there was a need for electric switching locomotives in the large railway stations. For this reason, the Reichsbahn ordered the electric switching locomotives of the E60 series in 1926. The driving axles were connected with rods and driven by a blind shaft. The locomotive owed its nickname “flat iron” to its asymmetrical construction.
Our locomotive was put into service in 1932 and came to ÖBB after the war. It returned to Munich as early as 1946, where it was renamed 160 009-7 in 1968. The locomotive was taken out of service in 1982 and has been an exhibit in our museum ever since.
YEAR OF CONSTRUCTION
WITHDRAWAL FROM SERVICE
For better reading, the masculine form is used for personal names and personal nouns on this website. Corresponding terms apply in principle to all genders for the purpose of equal treatment. The abbreviated form of language is for editorial reasons only and does not imply any valuation.
Sie erhalten in Kürze eine E-Mail an die von Ihnen angegebene E-Mail-Adresse. Bitte bestätigen Sie Ihre Newsletteranmeldung über den darin enthaltenen Link.