The class 476 is a series of rebuilt class 275 vehicles built for the Berlin S-Bahn from 1928 – 1932. The fleet of 188 trainsets was modernized and upgraded from 1979 – 1989 at the Reichsbahnausbesserungswerk Berlin-Schöneweide. It is a vehicle that runs on direct current. It was the first type of mass transport for fast urban traffic.
The railcar in our museum was put into service by the Reichsbahn in 1928 as elT 3371, renamed ET165 299 in 1941. After the war, the car came to the Deutsche Reichsbahn as 275 439-8. Rebuilt in 1982, 1991 and 1992, it received its current designation 476 033-6 in 1992. After the railway reform in 1994, the car came to the Deutsche Bahn AG and in 1995 to the S-Bahn Berlin GmbH. After it was taken out of service, it was sold to a private individual in 2001 and is now on permanent loan to our museum.
YEAR OF CONSTRUCTION
WITHDRAWAL FROM SERVICE
For better reading, the masculine form is used for personal names and personal nouns on this website. Corresponding terms apply in principle to all genders for the purpose of equal treatment. The abbreviated form of language is for editorial reasons only and does not imply any valuation.
Sie erhalten in Kürze eine E-Mail an die von Ihnen angegebene E-Mail-Adresse. Bitte bestätigen Sie Ihre Newsletteranmeldung über den darin enthaltenen Link.